➤ Function description:
You want to join one of the world leaders in the InfraRed sensors and solutions and be a major contributor to our growth and future, apply for our worldwide strategic Marketing Manager position at XENICS.
The Strategic Marketing Manager is responsible for defining the company’s short term, mid term and long term product strategy and market positioning. This is a new role at Xenics to participate in the company’s future success. You would be the pivot between the Sales organization, the CTO office, the Engineering department, and the Product Line Management team.
This will include the following tasks:
- Define the market segments approach and tactics related to product promotion, communication, customer approach, applications oriented materials.
- Identify sustainable competitive advantages Xenics has in the market it intends to serve and allocate appropriate resources to exploit them
- Formulate the go-to-market strategy by evaluating the marketplace potential and competitor’s offering so as to develop products and services which are of meaningful value for the targeted segments and customers. Develop an application oriented communication scheme for better positioning the company and its offering on the target segments and applications spaces
- Define and implement the price strategy to maximize the product lines profitability by defining the positioning and leveraging the core competency and value proposition offered by Xenics.
- Determine product families line-up and end of life strategy.
- Provide inputs and participate in the quote process for strategic customer or high volume RFQ
- Identify possible partners (other suppliers, synergetic solutions providers…) to widen exposure and visibility.
- Participate in conferences and technical forums to assess technology trends and key emerging applications.
- Cooperate with the key stakeholders (major customers, Engineering, technology partners, Sales) to bring the market perspective into the definition of the mid-term and long-term product roadmap
- Identify the significant market trends (customers demand, technology and process innovations, new markets, competitors announcements…) to prepare the company positioning and corresponding product families line-up.
- Define the company strategy above and beyond product line
➤ Desired Competencies:
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or marketing with an experience in a strategic marketing role in vision system or imaging sensors or related industries. Ideally 5 years or more.
- Track record of defining a hi-tech product strategy and roadmap
- Good understanding of system and platforms using vision systems across several market segments
- Good communication skills and ability to translate customers’ feedback and requirements into a system or component description
- Knowledge of InfraRed would be a plus
➤ Reports to:
- CCO – Chief Commercial Officer